Africa Cabon Froum
Important note on visa requirements
All visitors to the Republic of Rwanda must have a valid passport (at least for six months after date of departure). The participants are also recommended to check if they require a transit visa.
1. There is an efficient and secure way of getting Rwandan visa after simply applying online (Online entry visa) via the following link https://www.migration.gov.rw/index.php?id=203 Those who will apply online will be facilitated to get a quick response (Acceptance letter which is an approval letter certifying that the applicant will get entry visa upon arrival, and also visa fee is paid on arrival). Participants should be encouraged to use this facility in order to avoid encountering difficulties with Airlines. Most Airlines refuses carrying passengers without a destination visa or any proof of getting the visa.
2. African nationals are not required to apply for online visa. The practice is that all African Nationals visiting Rwanda acquire visa on arrival (at entry point), but are required to pay for visa (30$).
3. Nationals of the following Countries may come without prior applying for an entry visa in view of bilateral agreement, and do not pay entry visa fee: USA, Germany, Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Uganda, Mauritius, South Africa, Kenya, Great Britain, Sweden, Singapore, Hong Kong and Burundi.
4. Participants coming from countries where Rwanda has Diplomatic representations can either apply for visa via Embassies or high commissions. The list of Rwandan Embassies abroad is available via http://www.minaffet.gov.rw/index.php?id=915&L=lmddqrtq
5. Participants holding diplomatic, Service Passport and UN Laissez-passer are exempted from visa fee. Entry visa fee is 30USD, Validity: 30 days For more information, you may visit this website: https://www.migration.gov.rw/ Workshop participants are required to make their own arrangements for issuance of entry visa to Rwanda.
For facilitating visa on arrival, following documents have to be provided:
1. Scanned copy of your valid passport
For issuance of an official letter of invitation to support visa application, please contact Ms. Laura Lenz at the UNFCCC secretariat: email@example.com.